AMS provides information for doctors and other health practitioners in supporting women through midlife health and the menopause.
The Information Sheets have been organised into the following management areas for ease of reference.
- A Practitioner’s Toolkit for the Management of the Menopause
- Lifestyle advice for healthy ageing
- Menopause – Combined Menopausal Hormone Therapy (MHT)
- Menopause – Oestrogen Only Therapy
- AMS Guide to Equivalent HRT/MHT Doses Australia
- AMS Guide to Equivalent HRT/MHT Doses New Zealand
- Tibolone For Post-Menopausal Women
- NonHormonal Treatments for Menopausal Symptoms
Risks and Benefits
- Treating the Menopause – the Concept of Risk and Benefit
- Menopausal Treatments and the Risk of Venous Thrombosis/Thromboembolism
- Stress and Urge Urinary Incontinence in Women
- Genito-urinary syndrome of menopause
- Vaginal health after breast cancer: A guide for patients
- Calcium Supplements – a patient guide
- SERMs – their role in menopause managementERMs
- Prevention of falls and fractures as you age past the menopause
Sex and Psychological
- Sexual difficulties in the menopause
- Sleep Disturbance and the Menopause
- Mood problems at menopause - depression
- Complementary and Herbal Therapies for Hot Flushes
- Bioidentical Hormone Preparations - History of Development
- Bioidentical Hormones for Menopausal Symptoms
Note: Medical and scientific information provided and endorsed by the Australasian Menopause Society might not be relevant to a particular person's circumstances and should always be discussed with that person's own healthcare provider.
These Information Sheets may contain copyright or otherwise protected material. Reproduction of this Information Sheet by Australasian Menopause Society Members and other health professionals for clinical practice is permissible. Any other use of this information (hardcopy and electronic versions) must be agreed to and approved by the Australasian Menopause Society.
Content updated August 2017